Monday 19 January 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow

Today was a rather confusing day. Didn't get to my bed until 1 o'clock this morning waiting for the washing machine to finish. so I got up at the usual time this morning and went to school. I suffered two periods of English (you have to love double periods) and then went to French. This is where I found out that the school was closing due to snow. This is where the fun began.

Whenever there is a snow day, I always phone my dad to come and save us, as people who live in Biggar are compelled to stay in the school until all the other pupils have left. Seeing as we have to walk home, the pupils from Biggar find this slightly unfair. So we phone our parents to get us out before everyone else. This time, however, it was not this simple. I look after a little person a couple of nights a week, and of course, today was one of them. So when I was in my French class, my phone went off, as little person's dad was trying to phone me. So, by some sneaky, but clever texting, I managed to break out of school, and assist three other people to escape the horrid place.

Anyway, the downside of looking after little people is that, on a snow day you have to stay with them until their parents come home. So I have spent 4 and a half hours watching someone elses TV. Not a bad way to earn money, but it was still rather stressful.

So as a whole, the day has been rather active. I am now going to my bed because I need to catch up on some sleep.

Bye for now.

No comments: